Sunday, February 4, 2007

First Blog






This is me about 10 months ago. I don't have many photos of myself. I am always behind the camera, so you won't see many of me! I just picked up my knitting needles again. Thanks Wendy for getting me interested in it again! I recently took a class at Apple Tree Lane, Clare, MI http://appletreelane.com/ . It was how to knit 2 socks on 1 circular needle at the same time. I use an addi turbo 40" circular needle size 3 for my first socks. That is one beautiful needle, let me tell you, glides through the yarn like silk. Diane, the owner of the store and the instructor of the class is a nurse also, although I think the store is her full time job. She has a fantstic selection of yarn, needles, books and ideas. Tons of samples and a huge variety of classes are offered. She also has one the the best and largest selections of rubber stamps in Michigan. People come from all over the state to shop at her great little store. My kids used to say (we have gone in there for years) that is smells like grandmas's house when she baked cinnamon rolls. It has a great homey atmosphere and everyone there is so helpful!

I have 2 little people in my life to knit for. I actually prefer to knit for tiny people because I feel like I am accomplishing something quicker. The hats are for them and were my first finished items since I picked up my needles again! The little hats in the pix are the very first things I knit after I finally started to knit again.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think your Blog is wonderful and am very impressed you did it, as well as working AND knitting!!!
And YOU look great with all you have been through!
Wishing you all the best,
Suzanne, in Iowa